The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-3 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, Staley Electric is taking proactive steps to address a number of business concerns. First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, customers, visitors, or others. We also want to ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of a pandemic.
We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in the workplace.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Employees are encouraged to use telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as much as possible during this outbreak.
- Employees on construction sites please keep your tools that you pass around clean and sanitary wipes.
- Please make sure that you are going into other places of business or someone’s home to work extra hard to sanitize anything you possibly can encounter while at their location.
- Staley Electric will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace and in common areas.
- We are working to ensure we have enough cleaning spray and wipes to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as telephones and keyboards.
- Offices will be cleared on a regular basis.