Join our Electrician Apprentice Program at Staley Electric!
Do you enjoy working with a team to complete large-scale construction, commercial, or residential electrical projects? Want to be at the forefront of new commercial and residential projects coming to Central Arkansas? Enjoy working on electrical projects on a job site? At Staley Electric, you can earn top pay and benefits, receive quality training, and be part of a team where you are trusted and recognized for your professional ability. Your ability “to show extraordinary care” to your work, our customers, and each other is paramount to your success at Staley Electric.
- Offers our apprentices the chance to work and learn at the same time.
- Provides both classroom and on the job training.
- This opportunity allows you to build your career in the classroom while also getting paid for hands-on training in the field.
- Our Apprentice School is formatted much like a traditional college: four years containing two semesters each.
- You will get a Summer and Christmas break from classes each year, for a total of 40 weeks of classroom hours.
- Each apprentice group will attend one night a week for four hours after work.
- All apprentices are full-time Staley Electric employees.
- All Apprentice School teachers are Staley Electric employees with classes held on our campus.
- For each semester an apprentice completes they’re on the-job hours, classroom hours, and presents passing grades, they advance to the next apprenticeship level.
- Graduation is held after the fourth year of Apprentice School is completed.
- Once you have attained 576 classroom hours and 8,000 on the job training (OJT) hours apprentices can then apply to take their Journeyman Electrician exam through the state.
For bright, energetic, career-minded team players, we offer outstanding career opportunities within the elite ranks of our electric field services group. If you’re looking for growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, bonus potential, a remarkably stable company, and a chance to work with fantastic people, then watch this video to hear from one of our up and coming electricians, Jack, about his experience learning on the job with Staley Electric.
- Maintain a constant focus on two things – exceeding customers’ expectations and ensuring safety in all we do
- Electrical experience in commercial and/or retail environments (1st or 2nd-year apprentice)
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components
- Locating, diagnosing, and troubleshooting in the electrical system or equipment
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
- Manage time, material and people resources throughout project life cycles
- Manage work orders, sign-offs, daily log/journal and other project documentation
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Self-starting, highly motivated, and used to work environments that move quickly
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Must meet company standards for pre-employment background and drug screening
- Typical physical demands include frequent work on lifts, ladders, and possibly rooftops and other harder-to-access areas.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of objects (typically up to 50 pounds), and operating power tools.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position per Act 593 of 2017.
Staley Electric is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.